- The current version is available for download here.
(Just unzip the downloaded file and drag nitros-v3g8.VLX onto AutoCAD.)
This version is tested and works on Autocad 2000-2012.
Known issue: Autocad Architecture Desktop version does not install Nitros menu correctly.
There are three interface methods.
- Right-click in a view > Nitros Shortcuts
- Menu bar > Nitros
(If you are using an Autocad version with Ribbon interface,
switch Workspace to Autocad Classic by typing WORKSPACE
and setting current workspace. Autocad ARCHITECTURE does
not allow this, though.)
- Use NITROS toolbar (only for the essential NITROS commands)
- Example: Using Table Grammar
- Start by dragging the NITRO .vlx plug-in file onto your Autocad screen.
- Nitros Shortcuts > Insert Shape: choose "table_marker" shape and click in the view
- Double click the table shape you inserted.
- Choose a transformation rule from the list.
- (select shapes with circle marker) > Nitros Shortcuts > Auto Derive:
Set Recursion depth to 10 and proceed. Hit space bar to cycle through different compositions.
Type K to exit interation.
- Other examples inNitros Shortcuts > Insert Shape:
- To remove NITROS menu from Autocad, Nitros Shortcuts > Remove NITROS Menu
- NITROS API is available for those who want to implement a small shape grammar in Autolisp.
Small Shape Grammars in NITROS
This library includes selected examples and projects from
- system : half-hexagon table grammar
- system : iceray grammar
- system : Melnikov plan grammar
- system : Chinese bracket grammar (3D)
- system : Malevich's Architectons
- system : column 01
- system : pergola 01
- system : gate 01
- system : office 01
More info (old version)
- Introduction to NITROS
: current distribution, description, installation, tutorials, reference and copyright
Parametric Objects in AutoLISP
- simple stairs
- Kenzo Tange's Tokyo Plan 60 by Paul Keel
- Palladio's 20 Sketch Villa by Ti-Wei Shi
- Ice Ray Generator by Haldane Liew
Who we are |
Copyright © 1996 Takehiko Nagakura
Massachusetts Institute of Technology