This list of bookmarks is compiled by
Autodesk Remake/ 123D Catch / Recap
Panoramic Video and Image (Conent)
Panoramic Video and Image (Tools)
QuickTime VR tool
Video/film projects and database
Revit related links
: download this file in a Apple Macintosh computer and double click the file
: to retrieve applications. Depending on the type of panorama file you output
: from 3DS VIZ, choose MakeCuric(spherical) or MakeManorama (cylindrical)
: application. Before using one of these software, you may also need to resave
: your image in PICT format using Photoshop on a Mac. PC Photoshop cannot
: read/write PICT format, I believe. The resulting QuickTimeVR file can be
: browsed in QuickTime player on both Mac and PC.
Lighting Fixture Catalogues
: includes a collection of 3D geometric models. a site of www.3dcafe.
AR and Kinect
3D stereoscopic viewing
- Illuminating Engineering Society of North America
: the site of ERCO including catalogues of their lighting fixtures with IES data files. Files are provided for 3Dstudio VIZ, DXF and Lightscape format. As of February 2015, Revit files seem un-available.
- Bega-US Site (Bega International Site)
: All lights on this catalogue (on Bega-US site, not its international site) come with DXF and IES files. As of February 2015, most fixtures also come with Revit models that can be plugged-in as Revit family.
To find the download links for DXF/IES/Revit files, you need to click a product number in the list that shows on the page of each model.
Some excerpts are listed below.
- Lithonia Lighting Site: Site of manufacturer of commercial and industrial lighting fixtures including ones commonly found in our daily environment. Photometric Data as well as geometry (dwg and Revit format) for fixtures can be downloaded on this page.
Click the button, View List of Files, of each model, and click on Photometric Viewer icon. You will find a download button for ies, DWG, and Revit rfa format.
- The site of brand fixtures, Louis Poulsen, including Revit files for most models. Here is the download page. Select a category and click on Find Revit Files button.
Philips site with many Revit compatible files. For instance, here is
Arcat resource page including some interior and exterior lighting fixtures for Revit.
(If the link fails, try here. )
Special Purpose Software
:A great collection of sound files such as footsteps, shutting doors, light switches, etc. Check out the category under Household Sound Effects.
STL File Viewer
Video production tips and tools
- SynthEyes: Motion Tracking Software
- Real Flow
: Industry's leading software for visualization of water, etc. Free 30-day demo version available.
- High Voltage Home Page
: tips on Blue Screening, Alpha Channel and Roto-scoping
Tutorial at AnimeMusicVideo.org
: good explanation of video and audio production and underlying technical issues, especially useful is this section on setting up of a new Premiere Pro project.
- A Digital Video Primer (PDF) : Adobe's good overview of digital video file formats (DV, MPEG), NLE editing
- Finding an Appropriate Codec : Adobe's introduction of video file formats
- DV, DVCAM, DVCPro : mainly on DV but some info on its difference with MJPEG, MPEG and product comparisons.
- DVD Demystified : DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+RW, copy-protection, etc
- Codec Central
- Encoder Speed Comparison
- Free High Quality Mpeg Encoder Software by Mr Hori
- Cinemacraft Mpeg Encoder
All rights reserved (1997)